Sunday, July 6, 2014

Celebrating the 4th of July

We celebrated the fourth of July 2014 like never before and it will go down in my history books as one of the most fun days -- perhaps ever!  It was a day spent with wonderful friends and our family, filled with pool time, delicious food and drink, and unexpected time on the May River.

We hosted our friends The Spencers, Eccles, and DeLano's at my parents house (who were sadly out of town but gracious enough to let us play at their beautiful home on Hilton Head.) We swam in the pool, took a beach walk, had lunch, some cocktails, and swam some more.  I created some festive party details like sandwich toppers, party hats, pennant flags and a banner -- just to make it extra festive using my PSA Essentials stamper and flag stamp from Happy Holidays Peel & Stick pack.


I picked up these amazing (both tasting and decorated) cookies from Two Smart Cookies Bakery in Savannah when I was there the day before.  (Molly, Connor and I went to the Railroad Museum and Children's Museum. How could we not stop at the bakery?)  I also made this flag cake inspired by Ina Garten's, though it did not turn out the same.  It's easy!  White cake, cool whip, and mixed berries arranged in an American flag. 


These toppers worked perfectly in our sandwiches!


Time for some pool time! Susan decorated the pool with American Flags -- so festive! And Amanda and Kylie both showed up with hats on!


We went to the beach to run around and look for sea life. We spotted many crabs.


Time for a yummy lunch -- Amanda brought some trays from Publix, Kylie brought chips, veggies, and drinks! 


After lunch, I made some adult drinks for us to enjoy.... I made a special drink straw too using my PSA stamps. The kids did more swimming and we just lounged.  The vintage plans flew over head and the kids loved seeing them. 


In the evening, we were invited last minute to a friend's party on the May River. This was such a treat!  A beautiful Lowcountry setting, tremendous food, live music and the best home fireworks show you ever did see.  They had the biggest slip n' slide that the kids had a blast playing on. It was an unexpected surprise to go there.


I hope you had a great fourth of July and a wonderful weekend! Dreading all the work that's piled up on my desk being out for a few days but looking forward to a productive week ahead. How was your fourth of July and weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment